Dr. Angela Pucci, HBKin, MSc, DC
Dr. Angela is an athlete that loves to treat other athletes! A once competitive runner and jumper, Dr. Angela knows what it is like to be injured but still wanting to compete. Now, relishing in recreational sport, she loves to inspire and motivate in addition to providing her chiropractic knowledge.
A Mother of two beautiful girls and co-founder of Cadence Chiropractic, Sport & Health, Dr. Angela is an urban athlete, fitness enthusiast and total foodie.
An aficionado of all things natural and a cynic of all things plastic, Dr. Angela’s passion to strive for a healthy balance of personal and professional elements runs deep. She spends most of her time with her girls playing soccer, t-ball or tending to their urban garden.
The rest of the time she is in the clinic giving women and their families the individualized one-on-one care they deserve. Certified in Active Release Techniques®, Graston® Technique, Kinesiotape, Custom Orthotic Therapy, and Acupuncture, and with a passion for Gut Health, her practice is varied and enjoys treating people of all ages and stages of life.
With her extensive athletic background, Dr. Angela believes that movement is vital to our wellbeing and properly executed movement is essential to stay healthy. Her encouraging nature, personal experience and biomechanical knowledge allows Dr. Angela to be a support system to her athletic clientele; whether it be your first round of golf, third season of boot camp, or your fifth marathon!
As an author, evidence-based practitioner and eternal student, Dr. Angela believes food is medicine and is always on the look out for the perfect sugar free & wheat free muffin recipe that she will enjoy just as much as her girls (though a good cheat every once and a while is medicine for the soul!).
If you are interested in reading more about Dr. Angela’s accomplishments, keep reading!
Doctor of Chiropractic 2002-2006, CMCC, Toronto, ON
Masters of Science 1996-1998, York University, Toronto, ON
Honours Bachelor Kinesiology, Gerontology Minor, 1992-1996, Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, ON (Valedictorian)
Active Release Techniques® (full body certified)
Lakehead University Track and Field Female Athlete of the Year, 1994
Publications: Scholarly Journals and Others
- IMPACT Magazine – various articles
- Pucci A, K Humphreys and P Diakow. The Effect of Body Position on Verticality Perception Using the Rod and Frame Test. Abstract. ACC/RAC 2006, Washington, D.C.
- Pucci A, L Griffin and E Cafarelli. Maximal motor unit firing rates during isometric resistance training in men. Experimental Physiology. Jan; 91(1) :171-8, 2005.
- Pucci, A. and E. Cafarelli. Force and Neural Activation During Three Weeks of Isometric Resistance Training. FASEB J. 12: part II, A1039, 1998.
- Association of Chiropractic Colleges and Research Agenda Conference (ACC- RAC 2006) Washington, D.C., Research Presented: The Effect of Body Position on Verticality Perception Using the Rod and Frame Test
- Ontario Chiropractic Association / Practice Makes Perfect, 2005, Toronto, Ontario, Research Presented: The Effect of Body Position on Verticality Perception Using the Rod and Frame Test
- Ontario Exercise Physiology Meeting, 1998, Huntsville, Ontario, Research Presented: Force and Neural Activation During Three Weeks of Isometric Resistance Training
- FASEB Conference, 1998, San Francisco, CA, Research Presented: Force and Neural Activation During Three Weeks of Isometric Resistance Training
- Jane Mannington Award, 2005, Awarded to a female CMCC student who has given outstanding service to CMCC and the chiropractic profession.
- Association of Chiropractic Colleges Undergraduate Research Scholarship, 2004, Awarded for undergraduate chiropractic research.
- Governors’ Club Corporate Award, 2004, Awarded for leadership and service at CMCC.
- CIHR (Canadian Institute of Health Research) Health Professional Student Research Award, 2003, Awarded for summer student research at CMCC
- CMCC Student Council Award, 2003, Awarded for the founding and developing of a new student club at CMCC
- Valedictorian Kinesiology Class of 1996, Lakehead University