Dr. Ryan Emmons, BAKin, DC
Dr. Ryan treats athletes as an athlete who has been there, knows sport and biomechanical movement and understands the passion to keep training. He has experienced many of the injuries and aches and pains that athletes endure. This past experience, coupled with his education, allows him to quickly and effectively diagnose injuries, understand the source of the injury and develop strategies to treat injuries.
Dr. Ryan strives to provide a quality therapeutic service by taking the time to determine what the complaint is and has a keen sense for determining what the cause may be. He re-evaluates the progress to ensure optimal results. He is proficient at treating common discomforts, with an emphasis on soft-tissue complaints, by utilizing a multi-therapeutic approach with chiropractic, Active Release®, Graston®, acupuncture and Kinesio Tape.
If you have ever wondered how professional athletes get treated, an appointment with Dr. Ryan will provide you with the experience first hand. As a private consultant to professional athletes in the NHL and CFL, Olympians and golfers, Dr. Ryan provides the most current treatment techniques available. You may not be a professional athlete, but you can get treated like one.
Read on to learn more about Dr. Ryan’s work and works in progress.
- Chiropractor (Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College; 2006)
- Honours BA Kinesiology Degree (UWO; 2002)
- Active Release Techniques® (Full Body certified)
- Certified in Contemporary Medical Acupuncture (McMaster; 2006)
- Certified in McMaster’s Functional Assessment and Sports Injury Management Program
- Certified Personal Trainer (10 years)
- Authored numerous Sports Medicine and Fitness articles in IMPACT Magazine
- Private consultant to professional athletes: NHL, CFL, Olympians, Golfers
- Practitioner at the 2009 Calgary Marathon VIP Elite Treatment Tent
- Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Certified
- Certified Golf Performance Therapist (ChiroTraining International)
- Featured in The Calgary Herald and Shaw Sports Network
- Developer of the GOLFITT Golf Conditioning Program
- Founder of the Golf Performance Trainer (GPTr) Certification
- Master Instructor of the GPTr Certification
- Author of the GPTr Certification Manual
- Fitness columnist for Inside Golf Magazine
- Authored the 2008 fitness column in the Alberta Golfer Magazine
- Main Stage presenter of Golf Fitness at the 2008 Calgary PGA Golf Show
- Creator of the Roll Release® Foam Roller Techniques Certification Series
- Master Instructor of the Roll Release® Foam Roller Techniques Certification, Seminars and Workshops
- Author of the Roll Release® Foam Roller Techniques book and ebook
- Creator of the Foam Roller Techniques app for iphone/ipad and Android