At Cadence Chiropractic, we pride ourselves in using the most up-to-date research in order to determine what to include in a Functional Gait Analysis. Dr. Angela is a specialist* in the assessment and treatment of running injuries and as a previous varsity track & field athlete, running gait is one of her passions.
A Functional Gait Analysis at Cadence Chiropractic involves the following:
- A video analysis of the runner on a treadmill (runner brings this in),
- A thorough history and discussion of any current physical pain and/or symptoms the runner is experiencing,
- A complete functional physical examination,
- A discussion of running specifics: current mileage, footwear and lifestyle,
- A follow up report including all relevant results and recommendations.
The Gait Analysis evaluates: cadence (steps/minute), noise, foot strike and specific running biomechanics. This analysis, combined with a functional physical assessment and factoring in current symptoms, lifestyle and footwear choices will provide critical information and recommendations to the runner.
You don’t have to be injured to undergo a Gait Analysis. In most cases, prevention of injury is much easier than injury management. It is strongly advised to be proactive and determine the issues before they cause a problem. If you want to improve performance, decrease risk of injury or manage an injury, a Gait Analysis is a great place to start.
(* as per The Running Clinic™)