No Needle Acupuncture
Did you know you can get the benefit of acupuncture without the insertion of needles? It is true!
Shockwave therapy can be used as a non-invasive acupuncture treatment. It involves a series of low energy sound waves that are applied directly to a persons skin over the area of the acupuncture point.
During a treatment of this nature, where there would typically be a needle inserted into the skin, shockwave would be used instead.
Benefits of shock wave acupuncture
Shock wave acupuncture is a non-invasive therapy method that requires very short treatment times (only a few seconds per point) and provides increased efficacy (the shock waves reach the entire target region at the same time).
It is an ideal alternative to classical acupuncture for patients with a needle phobia.
Blood circulation in the affected area is decisively improved and the lymphatic flow is accelerated. This type of acupuncture treatment method causes virtually no pain or side effects.
Proven applications of shock wave acupuncture
The indications for shock wave acupuncture are basically the same as for classical acupuncture. The following disorders have shown to respond particularly well to shock wave acupuncture:
- Osteoarthritis of large joints
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Elbow Pain / Tennis & Golfers Elbow
- Heel Spur
- Hand & Shoulder Issues (better capsular stretching, pressure applied to tendon insertions acts over a large area, needles only act in specific spots)
- Spastic paresis (distension stimulus through large-area pressure application to acupuncture points on the affected meridians)
- Stress incontinence, irritable bladder, blood circulation disorders (pulsating pressure provides the necessary stimulus, painful points can be treated without counter-reaction)
- Lymphedema (similar to lymphatic drainage, but with a focus on acupuncture points along the meridian and on points for the lymphatic system such as SP 4, 6, 9, ST 40)
- Asthma/dry cough (acupuncture points are pressure-sensitive)
- Reflexology / Foot reflex zone massage (deeper and more precise than finger massage)
- Wound healing disorders (pulsating pressure stimulates blood circulation, combination and joint stimulation of local and peripheral points)
Dr Yuchee, Doctor of Traditional Medicine & Registered Acupuncturist is able to provide this type of treatment for any one that is interested.